Colton Real Estate
Colton, CA, has a quiet importance in Inland Empire history, being home to the Earp family of Tombstone fame, the Agua Mansa ghost town/cemetery, and large amounts of Ranchero and American Indian activity. Colton is known as “The Hub City” for the major railroad crossing and growth of industry around it, much of which activity is still operational today. These industries make Colton a relatively blue-collar town, one with well-maintained 1900s properties that often stay in the family. Amenities abound, and almost no matter where you live in Colton, you’re a short walk from a market, a park, and a school, and only minutes from major freeway access. Don’t forget to stop by Fiesta Village for some mini golf and go karts! Similar to Loma Linda, the Cooley Ranch and Reche Canyon areas of South Colton were built towards the end of the century, featuring larger homes, more modern construction, and some luxury properties. Reche Canyon, a more rural, country setting, connects to Moreno Valley and the rest of Riverside County. Say hi to the local burros as you drive through!
Mark’s Favorite Colton Activities:
- Fiesta Village – Family fun park with miniature golf, batting cages, laser tag, waterslides, and more.
- Agua Mansa Pioneer Cemetary – A historical look into 1840s-1850s San Bernardino County.
- Endgame Escape Room – Real life puzzles and challenges for ages 16+.
- Colton Area Museum – Guest speakers and local area artifacts bring life to Colton history.
- Colton Summer Concerts – Free at Fleming Park every Summer.
- Hidden Bear Trail – A challenging incline hike that takes you into the hills behind South Colton and Loma Linda, offering a breeze and spectacular views of the valley.
Mark’s Favorite Colton Restaurants:
One of my favorite things about Colton is the slightly-under-the-radar wide variety of cuisine available!
- Le Rendez-vous Cafe – A slightly-pricier French option downtown.
- Island Breeze Jamaican Cuisine – Can’t skip the jerk chicken!
- Gul-Naz Cuisine of Pakistan – Almost everyone I’ve invited to Gul-Naz has never had Pakistani food…and everyone I’ve invited returns!
- Shoga Sushi & Teriyaki – Hidden gem in South Colton.
- Pizza Q BBQ – Can’t decide between Pizza and BBQ? Try both. I recommend the pulled pork pizza.